Tuesday, August 5, 2008

I know, I know...

the summer is waning. Every day, a few more minutes "lost". I have pretended for several months now that I am not a homeschooler. Sure, I had these great intentions to do math and spelling and handwriting all summer. But, I quickly decided to forget it. I don't even remember the specific reasons. I'm sure I could dredge them up if I needed to, but I don't.

I believe the kids needed a break from me and I needed a break from them "educationally". So, for the summer, I've been a horse owner, a small business manager, a housekeeper, a 4H volunteer, a really bad gardener and a wife and mom. That's it.

In the back of my mind though, I knew it was coming around...so, here's a great post from a blog I found that resonates with me:

The Ten Habits of a Happy Homeschool

I wish this lady was my next door neighbor!

Oh and P.S. Got to visit another ER today! #3 crashed off the couch onto Handyman's cool new coffee table (an old hand truck covered with plexiglass) and gashed open her forehead, just two days before her birthday. I want some of that glue stuff they use, just to have around. So now all three girls have facial scars; what a heritage!

No comments: