Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Another one bites the dust!

Now Home Depot doesn't want to use that inflammatory phrase: "Merry Christmas" in any of its "holiday" decorating. Give me a break! Why don't we just become the land of Cream of Wheat--the country of blah-neutralism?? Our flag should be changed to a solid of beige--two-toned stripes being too divisive. No colors, no differences.

I can honestly say that if I were to ever visit India or China and I saw places or phrases celebrating their religious traditions, it would never cross my mind to be offended, in any way. I may not choose to participate in it; I may not agree with it; but it is THEIR way and THEIR country.

Does the left really think that we can create a world where there is never opposing opinions or views, really? Are there people who are OFFENDED by the words "Merry Christmas"? In what way does this phrase infringe in them? How can it? It's a statement.

I have never been offended by the words Happy Hannukah--wouldn't even cross my mind to be riled by that. Why should it? It's a phrase of celebration about something that I don't celebrate--sort of like Happy Halloween or Happy Kwanzaa. I don't celebrate either of those, but I'm happy to accomodate, in this tiny way, people who do.

It takes an expanse of consideration for others, not introspection and consideration only of one's self. We're losing the battle of putting others first in this country. It's been going for a long time. Parents, are unfortunately, on the frontlines of this battle and have been caving for far too long.

No comments: