Thursday, December 4, 2008

Parenting for $100


Ah, 5 year-olds. You think they are so grown up, sometimes. Today we are trying to hurriedly clean up the landfill that is #2 and #3's room so they can go to a friends' house to play. #3 is found with her hand faaaaaaaaar down the back of her jeans. She says "eewww." That's enough to put me over the edge and I say, "Go to the bathroom and take care of whatever is going on. And wash your hands, WITH soap."

She heads off to the bathroom. Frankly, I don't even want to know what it was all about, even though I probably should. Next time I come down the stairs, she's calling from the bathroom, something about why she's not in her room cleaning.

I don't really listen all that closely. I'm sure it's some ploy to avoid cleaning. Then I hear, "I'm trying to get the marble out of my tights."

My thoughts go back to the first incident. Then I wonder, how long has the marble been down her tights? How far down her tights is it? What made her think that was a good idea? Whatever....

Just get in here and clean up this room!

No comments: